Total Pageviews

Monday, February 27, 2012

Another successful Thrift and Consignment Tour Road Rally!

2-25-12

Waking up to a few inches of snow and the streets a little slippery I pondered the thought of how many people would cancel their plans for today's events.  The phone rang with my first cancellation for a party of two.  Then it rang again and it was one of my sisters cancelling.  At that point I decided that no matter how many people cancelled we would make the best of it and have a great day.  Needless to say it exceeded all of my expectations!

Planning prep work:


The itinerary to include directions to each store using yahoo directions


A sneak peak at the itinerary up close


Shrinky Dink Name Tags for our group


Goody bags for all of our shoppers


Italian pinwheels for my riders


a light snack to keep my riders happy


The Tour

After advertising by word of mouth, on Facebook (Megathrift Tours for thrift and consignment) and emails there were over 30 people who would be in attendance for this road rally.



Steve and Tammy Lamiell hosted a wonderful breakfast for everyone before our first stop.  This was their first of many tours to come and five family members participated. 

To my surprise and delight, my sister who had cancelled earlier had changed her mind and was already there when I arrived.  Yay!

And they are off!  There we were chasing sparky (If you've been to Wheeling Downs to the greyhound races you'll get this) through Canton, Hartville, Uniontown, Tallmadge and Akron to so many great stores for the best in resale treasures.

We introduced over 30 people to Deviti's Italian Deli which is one of  Akron's oldest family owned businesses.






 I'd say we certainly stimulated local economy on this tour!  Forgive me for not getting more pictures.  I tend to get a little frazzled before half time.  (Yes, this is definitely a sport!)  Here's what I did capture:










In addition to the store that were on the itinerary we found a new store to add to our list:
http://mybestadvice.hubpages.com/hub/Thrift-and-Consignment-Shops-in-or-around-Canton-Ohio

Upscale Resale
298 West Ave
Tallmadge, OH 44278

Lots of goodies that consist of furniture, household, stained glass, jewelry and just about everything but clothing.  We made a new friend, Irene Dickey, too.  Very nice shop Irene!  Prices are great as well.  She just recently relocated her shop from Streetsboro and had some insight on great shops in that area for future thrift tour planning.


What a great day!  Thanks to everyone who participated in yet another successful tour.  Hope you all found what you were looking for.  I know I did!


Here are my scores:





















No comments:

Post a Comment